ROCA detection in GnuPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 17 21:19:38 CEST 2017

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:33, fgrieu at gmail.com said:

> The ROCA test can have false positives, with probability 1/238878720
> that a perfectly fine RSA key raise alarm. See details at

Indeed.  Thus we should not reject such a key but at best print a
warning.

What I did today is a new option --with-key-screening, which can be used
to detect such keys by doing a keylisting in gpg and gpgsm.  It is in
master and allows for fast scanning:

  $ gpg -k --with-key-screening --with-colons | gawk -F: \
      '$1~/pub|sub|sec|ssb|crt/ && $18~/\<6001\>/ {found=1;next};
       $1=="fpr" && found {print $10}; {found=0}'

The same works for gpgsm.  Note that we need gawk due to the "\<" in the
r.e.  This adds a framework which should make it easy to add such scans
in the future.  Note that this does not only work with "-k" but also
with "--import-options show-only --import" to avoid the need for
importing a key.

Salam-Shalom,