pinentry

deloptes deloptes at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 23:09:37 CEST 2017

Hi Damien,
thank you for the answer - unfortunately your reply landed in the spam (
(c)by google). Good that I checked it now.
In case you are not aware, there is a project called "Trinity Desktop
Environment" (TDE). It maintains the old KDE3 code in favor of many users
that like simplicity and stability.
Now our problem is that since Qt5 came out pinentry-qt is based on Qt5,
while it was based on Qt3 before.
In the meantime TDE team changed Qt3 to TQt3. So I spent some time to port
the old pinentry-qt3 to the TQt3 code and make it work.
I think and would love to see it as part of the code under the name of
pinentry-tqt.
I just can't/ am not able to do all needed changes to the autotools part. I
hope someone from your end could accept the modified source code and
integrate it as conditional build, so that TDE can easily provide its own
packages with pinentry-tqt based on the official code.

Sorry if I do not use the proper terminology to describe my goal and query.

thanks in advance

regards