expiration time in ISO-8801 format

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 12 19:51:09 CEST 2017

On Tue 2017-09-12 19:24:40 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> Oh yes.  Actually Japan has no DST and this is reason why we changed it
> with the German DST.  Anyway, right now it is on Monday 08:00 UTC and I
> will announce a change at gnupg-devel@

perhaps you should just announce it as based on whatever localtime is in
TZ=Europe/Berlin (or wherever your reference TZ is), and then let people
calculate their own local time with their own tools?  Announcing a
recurring meeting as though it was UTC without it actually being
scheduled in UTC is a bit misleading.

Also, many calendaring programs (including the "Lightning" extension to
Thunderbird) have a way that you can input recurring events with their
own time zone, which then get displayed according to your local system's
TZ just fine.

     --dkg

PS kudos to Japan for not buying into the DST nonsense!