Fwd: card_status - change-request to update allways

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Sep 20 07:25:30 CEST 2017

Myonium <myonium at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you please advise how to get the change below pushed in the next release?

Sorry, it won't get in.  Yes, I understand your use case; You want to
replace private key stub in .gnupg/private-keys-v1.d.

For this use case, please remove your .gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/<KEYGRIP>.key
manually, and do "gpg --card-status".

The change you proposed has an impact to existing behavior, that is, it
always modifies the privat key file when 'gpg --card-status' is invoked.

Currently, GnuPG doesn't assume same key can be mutiple cards with
possiblly different serial number.