Option to pass fingerprint to pinentry instead of keygrip (or both)

Lukas Pitschl | GPGTools lukele at gpgtools.org
Tue Sep 26 02:06:15 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I noticed that GnuPG 2.2 (probably version > 2.0.X) no longer passes the fingerprint of a key to pinentry, but instead a key grip. I was wondering if it is possible to activate some option that makes sure pinentry receives the fingerprint again or if the key grip is the identifier we have to live with now? Or rather, is it possible to receive both, the fingerprint and the key grip? While the key grip certainly makes sense, it currently breaks all existing keychain entries and lookups.

Best,

Lukas
GPGTools