GnuPG 2.2 - Comments in gpg.conf

Lukas Pitschl | GPGTools lukele at gpgtools.org
Thu Sep 28 21:16:01 CEST 2017

> Am 28.09.2017 um 14:13 schrieb Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>:
>
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 02:00, lukele at gpgtools.org said:
>
>> Upon further inspection it appears that gpg.conf doesn’t allow comments at the end of options.
>
> What do you think of the attached but untested patch?  It would help
> for these configurations.

I’m not sure it makes sense to ignore the strings following # to interpret as comments
for some options but not for others.

After comparing the behavior of GnuPG 2.0.X vs GnuPG 2.2 I have noticed, that
GnuPG 2.0.X did in fact treat the # XX as a comment, but not for all options. Strangely enough for
the `trusted-key` option it ignored everything following the # character. For the `charset` option it didn’t.

Best,

Lukas