Web Key Discovery

Sam Bull gnupg-devel at sambull.org
Mon Apr 9 15:55:21 CEST 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 15:29 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Montag 09 April 2018 15:00:06 schrieb Sam Bull:
> > Outlined where? I'm still not sure I understand how you would add a new ID
> > without a private key?
> In my first response I've outlined that having your private key on your server
> does not constitute a "major drop" in security.

OK, I misunderstood what you meant.

But, as I mentioned earlier, my email provider would be separate from my WKD
server. So, compromising my server with a private key causes a large break in my
security (potentially without my knowledge). Whereas, without a private key, if
they don't also have access to my email provider or DNS, they would find it
difficult to do anything more than be a nuisance.