GPGME: tests are built in the lang directory even if --disable-gpg-test is passed to configure

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Feb 22 11:23:25 CET 2018

Hi,

I just subscribed to this list, so let me introduce myself: I am Pierre
Labastie, one of the editors of "Beyond linux from Scratch" [1].

We have noticed that in current version (1.10.0) of gpgme, the lang/*/tests
programs are unconditionally built, even if --disable-gpg-test is passed to
configure. It creates a dependency on gnupg (since the build runs gpg), which
is not needed otherwise. I guess a construct similar to the one in top
Makefile.am should be in lang/{qt,python}/Makefile.am:

if RUN_GPG_TESTS
tests = tests
else
tests =
endif

and then replace "SUBDIRS= ... tests ..." with "SUBDIRS=... ${tests} ..."

Let me know if you need more information, or if I need to submit a bug.
I've done some research in the bug tracker to see if this has already been
reported, and found nothing. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

Regards
Pierre

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/