[CleanNet Spam:] Re: "decryption forced to fail" due to missing signature?

Alexander Strobel Alexander.Strobel at giepa.de
Tue Jan 23 16:28:16 CET 2018

Am 23.01.2018 um 14:20 schrieb Vincent Breitmoser:
> Hi Alexander,

> The real mystery is why `gpg --encrypt` creates an SEDP instead of
> IPSEDP. This used to depend on the recipient key's MDC feature flag, but
> I thought it had been enabled by default for a while now, at least for
> AES? Your key does have that flag, so an MDC should have been added one
> way or another.

Thanks for your explanation, Vincent.
I figured out why I ran into this problem: For testing with BouncyCastle
I added "disable-mdc" to my gpg.conf ...

But this does not solve the inconsistency in "showing an error and still
return decrypted data" I see when MDC is missing. Maybe someone can
explain this to me? :)

Thanks in advance
Alex Strobel