[CleanNet Spam:] Re: "decryption forced to fail" due to missing signature?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jan 24 08:47:28 CET 2018

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:28, Alexander.Strobel at giepa.de said:

> But this does not solve the inconsistency in "showing an error and still
> return decrypted data" I see when MDC is missing. Maybe someone can

As a Unix tool gpg streams the data and does not buffer it.  Thus at
the time it detects a mad MDC it is too late to remove the already
written data.  Of course it could simply reject all non-MDC data packets
but that would make debugging harder and someone else would complain
why data is written despite that the signature is broken - in that case
there is no way for gpg to detects this beforehand.

Shalom-Salam,