wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 25 18:29:22 CET 2018
I just published version 04 of rfc4880bis:
In case you want to look at the diff to -03 in a browser:
See https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis for the repo.
Changes since -03:
- Additional data for AEAD has been changed to include only the packet
tag but not the packet length.
- Chunked AEAD mode is not used with SKESK and Secret-Key packets.
- Examples for AD are provided.
- Protocol numbers for AEDH and AEDSA are reserved.
- TripleDES as implicit preference and mandatory algorithm has been
replaced by AES-128.
- RSA and ECDSA are now mandatory.
- DSA and Elgamal are now optional.
Note that the last 3 changes have not explicitly been discussed in the
WG. The reservation of AEDH and AEDSA was requested by Derek back in
April 2016, I decided to include them so that they don't get lost.
Current GnuPG master has support for AEAD encryption except for the
protection of secret-keys.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 227 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gnupg-devel