WKD: User ID filtering

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 21 10:21:21 CEST 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:16, gnupg-devel at gnupg.org said:

> I assume that if after filtering the key does not contain any UIDs the
> import is rejected.

Right.  There is also the little twist that if a mail provider announces
mailbox-only and the user id also has a real-name gpg-wks-client
creates a new user-id with just the mailbox.

> Is that flag used for anything or just informational?

It can be read out and will eventually be used for key validation
heuristics.  Option --with-key-origin and in the --with-colons output
fields 19 and 20 of uid and pub records.

> Because fetching via WKD at least "validates" the e-mail part and this
> information is useful.

Right.

Shalom-Salam,

#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #