Help with python library

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 5 16:36:47 CET 2018

On Mon,  5 Mar 2018 00:05, ben at adversary.org said:

> However, gpg --list-packets is a debugging tool, so I'd need to
> double-check whether there was a full implementation of that in the
> API.

Right.  Note that there is a somewhat related feature request
https://dev.gnupg.org/T3734 (Extract signature key ID with gpgme).

For checking whether a file is correctly encrypted, I would suggest to
simply try to decrypt it to /dev/null.  The result information lists the
all keys; see gpgme/tests/run-decrypt.c for sample code.  If needed we
can add a --dry-run feature so that no passphrase is needed.

Salam-Shalom,

#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #