[RFC v2 0/5] TPM support for gpg

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Mar 10 13:03:43 CET 2018

On Mon,  5 Mar 2018 20:12, James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com said:

> Since the last posting, I've tidied up a few things and added support
> for Elliptic Curve keys (as a separate patch, currently, but it could
> be rolled into the base).

Thanks for the patches.  I pushed them to a new tpm-work branch.

As of now it is required that libtss0-dev is installed.  Debian Stetch
does not have it but it is easy to install from Sid.  There are no real
configure checks right now but I added an #error to explain what is
going wrong if you try to build without this dependency.  I have not
tested the new code myself.

Before this goes into master or a 2.3 release, I would like to move the
entire TPM access code out to a separate daemon much like scdaemon
works.  Maybe it is even possible to get rid of the dlopening, but the
major thing is that this code and its dependency on OpenSSL gets out of
gpg-agent.

James: The 3 new files are missing the copyright blurbs, can you please
send a patch to add them?  I would not mind if you can directly add an
  SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0+
line (GPL-2.0+ if you prefer).

Salam-Shalom,

#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #