libgpg-error 1.28 build failures on arm64

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Mar 17 19:28:35 CET 2018

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 11:52, jwilk at jwilk.net said:

> va_list is supposed to be an opaque type, but on most architectures it
> is a pointer or an array, so you can get away with using NULL. But on
> arm64 it's a struct, so this breaks.

I was already wondering why I handled this differently at another place
but could not found any hints on this, so I assumed this was due to some
ancient Unix system and bothered to take care of this.

>  static va_list null_args;
>  _gpgrt_logv_printhex (buffer, length, NULL, null_args);

static analyzer will likely complain about it ;-)

I'll fix in on Monday.  Thanks for the background and thanks to dkg for
the report.

Salam-Shalom,

#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #