Python bindings HOWTO proof reader request

Tobias Mueller muelli at cryptobitch.de
Wed Mar 21 10:50:38 CET 2018

hi,

On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 10:26 +1100, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> That is my long term plan: to (ideally) port the damned thing off SWIG
> entirely and to CFFI.
hrm.
The benefit of SWIG is that it nicely exposes everything the native
build does.  So it's more work to not expose an existing gpgme feature
than it is to implement it in the python bindings.
Does CFFI also provide that kind of automatic exposure?

There are a few alternatives. Coming from the GNOME camp, I'm thinking
gobject-introspection, but gpgme has to come a long way before that's a
viable thing to do.  But the GNOME ecosystem is reasonably happy with
that.

Cheers,
  Tobi