Web Key Discovery

Sam Bull gnupg-devel at sambull.org
Wed Mar 21 15:44:25 CET 2018

Can someone explain if the web key directory might be able to work with my email
system?

I have >1000 email aliases. Every person I contact gets a new email alias. If
someone wants to contact me from my website, they receive a brand new generated
address.

If I understand correctly, the web key directory must return a key containing a
matching email address. It also doesn't seem to support any wildcards, so there
needs to be a new PGP key for every single alias.

I don't really understand what this requirement actually adds, I don't see how
it adds any real security to the protocol, but it seems to make it impossible
for me to combine it with my email system.

Am I right, or is there a way to make this work with my email system?

Thanks,
Sam