SYSROOT vs --with-xxx-prefix

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Oct 8 02:39:57 CEST 2018

Hello,

Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Farfetched... can we support pkg-config? I can help to support this
> in parallel to the existing mechanism.

Thank you.

Somehow, we have started into this way (from libgpg-error).  I put some
effort providing gpg-error.pc (as well as the gpg-error-config script)
in the master branch of libgpg-error.  My plan is to extend it to other
libraries.  Please have a look.

Please note that we need to keep the requirment of GnuPG build, as small
as possible.  GnuPG build should not require pkg-config.  This is
(still) important for older Unixen.