SYSROOT vs --with-xxx-prefix

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Oct 10 04:18:29 CEST 2018

Hello,

Thanks for yor try.  Please have a lock at gnupg/doc/HACKING [0],
and submit your change to dev.gnupg.org or this maling list.
Before your submission, I'd suggest to minimize your change
(e.g. don't include indentation change).

Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev at gmail.com> wrote:
> libgpg-error and found out that you already support pkg-config and
> converted the config script to delegate calls to the pkg-config.

No, the config script (gpg-error-config) never delegates to pkg-config.
It *does* handle the gpg-error.pc file by itself.

We share the gpg-error.pc file between gpg-error-config and pkg-config,
and I'd like to keep deviation by gpg-error-config as small as possible.

Well, I repeat: GnuPG build process never depends on pkg-config.

> There are some gaps that can be solved. Then the same can be
> replicated to all other projects.

Today, I push two changes:

    gpg-error-config: Fix the place of *.pc (for multilib).
    9f71b28dcb38e1d5d9001692e2f64009396aaf9b

    gpg-error-config: Add PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR support.
    6167f3c461a4e53ccc5af620cdbfa28bfa9234f5

The first one is what you pointed out.
The second one is supporting cross build.

[0] https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gnupg/browse/master/doc/HACKING