Debug symbols for libgpgme-11.dll

Daniel Lo Nigro d at d.sb
Tue Feb 5 19:14:51 CET 2019

Hey Andre, thanks for your reply. I also managed to compile my own version,
however both my build and your build seem to be missing the debug symbols
for libgpgme itself. I was trying to use a tool called "cv2pdb" (
https://github.com/rainers/cv2pdb) to convert the debug symbols into a PDB
file that Visual Studio can use, however it didn't work properly, and its
author said that the library is missing the symbols:

There is only debug information for the mingw runtime in the original DLL.
> You can check by dumping the output of `objdump.exe -W
> libgpgme-11-original.dll` and searching for `DW_TAG_compile_unit`.
>
> I guess something went wrong when building a debug version of that DLL.

See https://github.com/rainers/cv2pdb/issues/50

Is there some build step that is unintentionally stripping out symbols from
the object files before linking, or something like that? I don't write any
C or C++ so I'm unfamiliar with the build processes.

--
Regards,
Daniel Lo Nigro