Preserving non-central and privacy with a "permission recording keyserver"

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 10 09:15:45 CEST 2019

Am Mittwoch 10 Juli 2019 01:15:48 schrieb Dirk Gottschalk via Gnupg-devel:

> > > Sure, technically not a big thing.
> >
> > Right, we have most things already in place.  To delete a key the
> > owner of the key just needs to publish a revocation certificate.

As the problem I like to solve is with personal data about A that comes
from a key that A does not control. So if A then requests deletion,
which will be possible, because otherwise it wouldn't be personal data from A,
the keyserver must record this. But because the keyserver and A do not control
the key, it must be recorded differently. It cannot be a signature of the key
in question.

Once a pubkey is found to distribute personal data of A which A does not like,
the full pubkey is not distributed anymore.

Bernhard