gpgme-json chromium/firefox packaging

Maximilian Krambach maximilian.krambach at intevation.de
Wed Jul 10 10:12:37 CEST 2019

Hi,
I have been tasked to prepare "debian packages" for the gpgme-json browser
integration, to ease installation of native messaging between gnupg and browser
extensions.

I'm working on a patch for salsa.debian.org/debian/gpgme/, as I think this is
probably the best place for it.

Basically, the two packages (chromium-gpgme and firefox-gpgme) just need to
ensure that the gpgme-json binary ships, and that a configuration file is
present at paths the browsers like.

My question:
Is it okay and maintainable to add "approved" extension ids (in this case,
mailvelope) to these configuration files?

In the end, it is an authorization between the extension(s) and the browser
(based on ids assigned by the browser publisher).
gpgme-json itself does not care who communicates with them (as long as it stays
the same actor). Still, I have the feelings that some link between worlds is
created that may not be desired.

Maximilian
--
Maximilian Krambach |  http://www.intevation.de/