Preserving non-central and privacy with a "permission recording keyserver"

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 10 13:51:54 CEST 2019

Am Mittwoch 10 Juli 2019 11:01:09 schrieb Andrew Gallagher:
> On 10/07/2019 08:15, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Once a pubkey is found to distribute personal data of A which A does not
> > like, the full pubkey is not distributed anymore.
>
> A validating, non-synchronising keyserver can perform this function in
> the same way that any other website can, by simply deleting the data on
> (reasonable) request.

Yes, but I want to build a synchronising keyserver network. ;)

This is why the keyserver receiving the explicit non-permission must put this
in their list and share it with others, so the pubkey does not get
distributed by any (reasonable) keyserver anymore.

Once we know a pubkey is rouge, it shall not be distributed anymore, because
it means the key owner does not respect somebody's personal data preferences.
If this is by mistake, a new key can be generated using a different uid which
is improved in this regard.

Best,
Bernhard