GnuPG 2.2 on elder Debian & Ubuntu distros

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Wed Mar 20 17:21:46 CET 2019

On 2019-03-19 at 12:03 +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Thus at <https://public-packages.pennock.tech/> I have packages

> Wanted to try the latest way to test for WKD support
>   gpg-wks-client --supported
>
> Noticed that gpg-wkd-client is not packaged?

GnuPG places this into `libexec` rather than `bin` or `sbin`.  I don't
mess with those relative paths.  I preserve the upstream package's idea
of where things should go, rather than distribution guidelines.  Using
an `/opt/` namespace makes this something I'm willing to defend: I
package the upstream with as few changes as possible.

Thus:  /opt/gnupg/libexec/gpg-wks-client

-Phil