Git release tagging best practices

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 21 10:07:23 CET 2019

Am Mittwoch 20 März 2019 13:28:33 schrieb Daniel Kahn Gillmor:
> I wonder whether we "git tag -v" should raise an error if the tag name
> within the signature doesn't match the tag name being verified.

Here is an interesting writeup, which also compared git and Monotone SCM
signing features:
 https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/CommitSigningPlan

As I understand it: hg can sign a specific state of the repository, but
this has other drawbacks. It is good to have some competition on distributed
SCMs. >:)

Regards,
Bernhard