Storing key on multiple smartcards

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 3 16:26:23 CEST 2019

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 13:43, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> Then, we don't need the serial number as shadow-info in private key file.

The information is also used to prompt the user to insert a specific
card.  The serial number is a good way to identify a card because it is
printed onto the card.  However some configurable way to name a card is
also useful.

I am currently working on recording all serial numbers used with a token
based key in the shadow key info file.  The new format allows easy
manual editing of that info and also allows to put a "Label:" line into
the the file to be prompted with e.g. "The green token on my keyring".

Shalom-Salam,