Should Poldi lock the smart card when the screen locks?

Franklin, Jason jason.franklin at quoininc.com
Fri Sep 20 18:39:35 CEST 2019

Greetings,

I'm continuing my work on the integration of Poldi and the KDE screen
locker.

Currently, when the user locks the screen and leaves their smart card
inserted, the smart card remains unlocked.  Thus, the screen can be
locked and the user (or someone else!) can simply press <Enter> to
unlock the desktop.

My question is simple: What component should be modified to make sure
the smart card is locked when the screen is locked, thus requiring the
user to enter the GPG card passphrase to unlock the card and then the
desktop?

This would make the locker behave as expected.

--
Jason Franklin