Speading WKD: Adding WKD sending for password resets/reminders

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Wed Mar 4 10:25:21 CET 2020

On 04.03.2020 10:15, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> With WKD there is a good pubkey to just automatically encrypt.
> So if we build this into package, like Mailman, WKD users will get some extra
> benefit. Okay, it is just a little bit of extra security, but why not?

Yep, this is definitely a good idea!

I proposed something similar to GitLab: when provisioning the account
with e-mail address automatically fetch GPG keys. Also: derive SSH keys
from GPG authentication subkeys.

WKD has a lot of underutilized potential ;)

The issue link:

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-foss/issues/48751

Kind regards,
Wiktor