gpgsm --gen-key with existing key from "ssh-add" fails

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 30 17:05:24 CEST 2020

Hi,

I found the problem:

(public-key
 (rsa
  (n #00B1[...]#)
  (e #010001#)
 )
 (comment ./test.key)
)

This is passed to Libksba but Libksba does not grok the comment part and
bails out on this.  I pushed a change to Libksba

  commit 1e903fe558bd6583c5447fbebe2ef019229dbfdc
  Allow optional elements in keyinfo objects.

We are planning a new libksba release anyway, which has a a bunch of
smaller fixes collected since the last release in 2016.

Thanks for identifying this bug.

Shalom-Salam,