No key data exported by gpgme_op_export_keys()

Dmitry Antipov dantipov at cloudlinux.com
Fri Apr 16 06:51:16 CEST 2021

On 4/15/21 10:50 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> You didn't answer my question. I bet
> $ gpg -k 1D66A1789477C523
> returns your key while
> $ gpg -k 49FD77499570FF31
> returns nothing because the Fedora key is not in your key ring.

Yes.

> It seems that you did not fully understand what
> gpgme_op_keylist_from_data_start() (and friends) and gpgme_op_export_keys()
> do.

Absolutely. I've expected that

err = gpgme_data_new_from_file (&in, argv[1], 1);
fail_if_err (err);

err = gpgme_op_keylist_from_data_start (ctx, in, 0);
fail_if_err (err);

uses data from file (i.e. argv[1]) to create a kind of key ring in CTX.

I'm calling (something which looks like and pretends to be) a library
function and so expecting a behavior of a library function - do something
with arguments and return the result. But the whole thing here looks
like a call to strcmp() which sends an e-mail to Microsoft.

Dmitry