2.3.1: compilation result without dirmngr (due to --disable-ldap?)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Aug 1 10:40:55 CEST 2021

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:04, Steffen Nurpmeso said:

> and the compilation does not include dirmngr, making the entire
> installation useless.  (I personally still use gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.23,

I just tried with --disable-ldap and --disable-nls and can't see a
problem.  it the current master version though.

> i have not looked at the protocol, but sigh that not
> a standardized checksum over the email address was chosen, like

SHA-1 is a very standard algorithm and fully sufficient for the purpose
here; i.e. mapping a string to a fixed length identifier.  SHA-1 is
anyway a required part of OpenPGP and there have been no security
weaknesses found its use case as fingerprint algorithms.

Shalom-Salam,