Update keys.gnupg.net?

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Tue Aug 3 22:53:37 CEST 2021

On 2021-07-31 at 12:01 +0200, Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:52, Phil Pennock said:
>
> > I have both an RSA key and an Ed25519 key.  Every time I think I can
> > just use the Ed25519 key, I encounter a new system where that assumption
> > fails, so even for $work I ended up having to create an RSA key too.
>
> So what you are saying is that there are implementations with Web Key
> Directory support but no support for Ed25519?

No.  This was the point of the lead-in paragraph in what I wrote:

} or
} should it also be useful when people are trying to migrate to an
} algorithm not yet implemented in GnuPG, years from now when WKD is the
} ubiquitous infrastructure for pulling keys?

If WKD is assuming that "new enough to support WKD" means "new enough to
support the latest key algorithm which people want to use", then that
assumption will age poorly.

-Phil