pinentry fails for tpm protected key

Joshua Rubin me at jawa.dev
Thu Dec 30 19:16:55 CET 2021

> right, TPM_RC_SIZE, which means the digest is the wrong size or the TPM
> doesn't understand the digest algorithm ... what digest are you using?

Oh, I was messing with that the other day... thanks for the reminder. I pretty much gave up in frustration with that effort. Is there any way I can check to see what digest is actually being used by a key?

My config has these lines, so I'm certain it's SHA512, but finding a way to actually see this info would be immensely useful.

personal-digest-preferences SHA512
digest-algo SHA512
cert-digest-algo SHA512
default-preference-list SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224 AES256 AES192 AES CAST5 BZIP2 ZLIB ZIP Uncompressed

Any error that suggests that this is the issue would be much more helpful then what I found.

Also, is there any way to find out what algos the tpm supports?

Thanks again, I know this thread is now very off topic.

Joshua