GnuPG 2.3 Beta

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 22 19:39:26 CET 2021

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:03, Robert J. Hansen said:

> This will make some of my workflow much easier.  Thank you!

Take care, it is not yet well tested.  I am using it for some time now,
though.

>>    * gpg: Support AEAD encryption mode using OCB or EAX.
>
> Overdue.  Also happy to see this.  :)

Me too.  Will take quite some time until keys with such preferences will
be widely used.  This implements a draft but we have done interop tests
with 2 other implementations and thus I think it is safe to be used.

It even seems that Phil Rogaway stopped paying the fees to the PTO and
thus uncertainties over OCB mode should be void soon.  So no need for
any implementations to only provide EAX mode.

Shalom-Salam,