Update keys.gnupg.net?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jul 31 12:01:39 CEST 2021

On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:52, Phil Pennock said:

> I have both an RSA key and an Ed25519 key.  Every time I think I can
> just use the Ed25519 key, I encounter a new system where that assumption
> fails, so even for $work I ended up having to create an RSA key too.

So what you are saying is that there are implementations with Web Key
Directory support but no support for Ed25519?

> ecosystems.  Client implementations will end up having tiered preference
> systems, with quantum-resistant first tier, Ed25519 second tier, etc.

I don't think so.  This would soon get two complicated.  My current idea
for PQC is to have a single algorrithm id describing the first and
second tier with just one identifier (e.g. NTRU, RSA).

Shalom-Salam,