WKS support on Thunderbird

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 03:11:31 CET 2021

Hi,

The latest version of Thunderbird comes with built-in support for
OpenPGP and has dropped Enigmail:
- https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/09/openpgp-in-thunderbird-78/
- https://lwn.net/Articles/832183/

However it does not have WKS support. I updated my system and I was
baffled to see that with the latest Thunderbird it is not possible to
send a key to a WKS.

I tried KMail, but I couldn't find how to do it with KMail either. If
I have missed it, please point me to the docs that describe how to do
it.

So, I had to revert back to the previous version of Thunderbird, so
that at least I can continue testing. However, if no client supports
WKS this is a problem, because it makes useless installing a WKS
server.

Regards,
Dashamir