Wiki as documentation (and registration problems) (was: Implementing a WKS solution)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 1 08:45:05 CET 2021

Jeff,

Am Freitag 26 Februar 2021 10:05:11 schrieb Jeffrey Walton via Gnupg-devel:
> Information management is hard.
>
> I find wikis are the best way to disseminate long term, less
> frequently changing information.

thanks for adding more general arguments in favour of using wiki.gnupg.org!
Many good points!

Two minor notes:
a) I've seen wikis rot, so they are much harder to clean up then.
   -> They need to be maintained, if they go a certain critical mass,
      wikis are less useful then doc files done by the devs in SCM.
b) I've seen the crowd being wrong (especially on design and science
   questions). Encryption potentially is such a topic.

Still I think wiki.gnupg.org is a plus for GnuPG, OpenPGP and the Free
Software end-to-end encryption community. It can use more help, naturally.

Best Regards,
Bernhard