How to open images by default (Prefer opening images with xdg-open over display)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 20:26:50 CET 2021

On Dienstag, 2. März 2021 15:49:51 CET Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. März 2021, 09:38:12 CET schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel:
> > This would be a regression.  display and xloadimage both allow to pass
> > the title. This seems not to be possible with xdg-open.
>
> Would it make sense to file a wish for an additional optional parameter
> for xdg-open to
>    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-utils
> ?

Probably not. I guess that most of the default image viewers by KDE, Gnome,
etc., don't support a command line argument to set the window title because
those viewers are full-fledged applications and not simple tools like display
or xloadimage which simply show an image in an X window without any menu,
buttons, etc.

Regards,
Ingo