Apple M1 and libgcrypt 1.9.2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 24 19:17:09 CET 2021

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:03, Jeffrey Walton said:

> Until you have to autoreconf and the tools are missing or too old...

In GnuPG project you should never do autoreconf.  We distribute the
required files for running autoconf and automake.  This way we get a
stable config system which is not suject to all the friction metween
different macro use.

Regarding M1, if you config.sub has stable support for it, we should
update these files and then see what other fixes are required.  In
genera; autoconf generated configure scripts auto-adjust to a wide
variety of Unix systems and you only need to tweak things for some minor
cases - well, Apple is probably the worst player here.

Having said this, I just ask for some patience and until we support it.
Quick hacks are of course okay - it is free software.  Unfortunately
they have a tendency to never go away and still show up in web searches
after years

Shalom-Salam,