Importing secret keys via gpgme-json

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 10 19:08:15 CEST 2021

On Sun,  9 May 2021 11:53, Patrick Brunschwig said:

> Importing public keys works as expected, but it seems that for secret
> keys, only the public key part is imported. Is there an option to allow
> importing secret keys or is importing of secret keys not supported?

Unless you have specific gpg import options, it should just work.
If in doubt, build gpgme and test with tests/run-import or run

 GPGME_DEBUG=7:gpgme.log ./gpgme-json

and check the log file.  It might however, be easier to put

 log-file /some-file

into gpg.conf to see gpg's diagnostics.  GPGME also has an audit feature
which can be used to get the gpg diagnostics; I am not sure whether
gpgme-json supports this, though.

Shalom-Salam,