WKD: returns only one pubkey (and why)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 13 09:44:15 CET 2022

Hi Dashamir,

Am Montag 12 Dezember 2022 14:01:28 schrieb Dashamir Hoxha via Gnupg-devel:
> The way that I understand WKD (and how I explain it in my presentations) is
> that it is a way to publish your public keys (share them with your
> contacts). It is an alternative (and replacement) to the keyserver
> infrastructure.

then it is good that we have this discussion as a reminder:
The current WKD draft-15 (and all previous drafts as far as I remember)
allow only one active pubkey to be returned.

Whatever WDK Can be in the future (which is to be discussed),
as long as it is one pubkey, I hope we explain and implement it like this.
(Otherwise we risk other problems.)

Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter