WKD shall we add distributing multible pubkeys? (Re: WKD: returns only one pubkey (and why))

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:02:55 CET 2022

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:53 PM Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com>
wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2022, at 11:44, Dashamir Hoxha via Gnupg-devel <
> gnupg-devel at gnupg.org> wrote:
>

> When the user publishes a new public key on WKD, it is stored on the
> "/hu/" directory, same as before, but in addition it is also stored on the
> "/id/" directory. The same thing is done when another public key replaces
> the old one, and now on the "/hu/" directory there is only one
> (corresponding) key, but on the "/id/" directory there are two
> (corresponding) keys, the new one and the old one.
>

> I’d suggest something along the lines of `archive` rather than `id`, since
> both directories are referenced by the hashed userid but one contains
> current info and the other secondary or historical info.

The name "/archive/" certainly makes sense and would be a good one. But the
file names in this directory do not correspond to the hashed userid, but to
the key ID. So, each file in this directory contains only one public key,
and there are several files (public keys) that correspond to the same
userid. This could make the management of this directory easier (compared
to having several keys in one file).

Dashamir