potential IETF WG incompatibility with GnuPG 2.3

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Dec 21 10:30:39 CET 2022

On Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2022 01:40:28 CET Heiko Schäfer via Gnupg-devel
wrote:
> On 12/20/22 15:55, Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Dec 2022 11:38, Vincent Breitmoser said:
> >> As any WG work, this is a public process: There has been a lot of
> >
> > Which is not entirely true.  The crypto-refresh folks worked in a closed
> > design team and presented their results to the WG.  Comments from WG
> > members which challenged the outcome were mostly rejected or ignored.
>
> I'm confused by the characterization of the work as "closed". As an
> interested outside observer I could easily follow the group's process
> via the mailing list
> (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/openpgp/),

That's the mailing list of the WG and not the closed one (with open archive)
used by the DT.

> and I notice that
> you have also posted to that list on a number of occasions.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/openpgp/9uPRgtbWMQZoho-AfxdBlSpGPZc/
reads
"
For those less familiar with the IETF's design team (DT)
concept, a DT is a group selected by chairs who do some work
that is then an input to the WG - whether or not the WG have
rough consensus on the DT output is up to the WG and not the
DT. For this DT, we'll have a closed mailing list with an
open archive, and, as stated, roughly monthly calls.
"

Regards,
Ingo