Mistake in GNU Privacy Handbook

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 10 11:05:30 CET 2022

Hi Christoph,

Am Sonntag 02 Januar 2022 14:33:26 schrieb Christoph Klassen via Gnupg-devel:
> I'm not sure, if this is the right place to report mistakes/requests for
> the GNU Privacy Handbook.

a good question, I don't know.
In the preamble is lists
"Please direct questions, bug reports, or suggestions concerning this manual
to the maintainer, Mike Ashley (<jashley at acm.org>)."

but the version being from 1999, I doubt that Mike still maintains it.

It
https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg-doc.git;a=blob;f=web/documentation/guides.org;h=2a08842388aaceb10226c5f56bb7ad9a14cd2e2e;hb=HEAD
says
  30      [[../../gph/en/gph.tar.gz][en]] ·

  36    GPH is also available in the [[../download/git.org][source
repository]].

but I cannot find it at
https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi
or
https://gnupg.org/ftp/gcrypt/gph/

So it must be somewhere else (and guides.org) shall be improved.

Regards
Bernhard