Feature Request: Add a --card parameter

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jan 23 15:47:17 CET 2022

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 09:57, Romain Griffiths said:

> When having several identical Yubikeys, it's not possible to choose
> among them in a deterministic way.

You don't need to.  GnuPG selects the approriate Yubikey automagically.
In afct, I often have several tokens inserted all wth different keys and
the correct one is always selected: For gpg as weel as for ssh.

You just need to use ghupg 2.3 or gpg4win 4.0 and don't set any
reader-port.

> scdaemon should also not lock the other readers to that several log-in
> users could use their own Yubikey.

Assuming that your are on Linux, you can setup udev rules to assign
Yubikeys to users by granting the right permissions.  But having several
tokens on a multi-user machine is imho not a good idea.  But I may have
misunderstood your use-case.

Shalom-Salam,