Announcement Mail for 2.2.36 (LTS) missing

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 27 08:45:53 CEST 2022

Am Mittwoch 13 Juli 2022 11:29:58 schrieb Andre Heinecke via Gnupg-devel:
> 2.2.35 was similarly not announced. I guess the packagers of the LTS
> version see the tags and note the upload and for everyone else the modern
> Version 2.3.x is what should be used and relevant so the announcements are
> done only for 2.3.x

From my perspective we should announce the LTS versions as well.
It is more consistent with other announcements and provides an opportunity
for people interested to see what work is done.

It also is a good example use for notifications by email and us being
in contact with our usage community.

Not all Free Software Initiatives maintain stable versions, we do
and it is of good value, so we should talk about it.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter