Interoperability with OpenPGP crypto-refresh

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Thu Feb 2 09:31:04 CET 2023

On 02.02.23 06:12, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> I'd kinda hope that Thunderbird follows (only) what the Working Group
> will eventually release as the next version of the standard.

Thunderbird is a tool to enable users to communicate.

If a significant amount of Thunderbird users wants to exchange messages
with users of GnuPG, then Thunderbird must not send messages that are
incompatible with GnuPG.

In the same way, Thunderbird must not send messages that GnuPG
understands, but that other major implements of OpenPGP cannot understand.

Today, my opinion is, I don't want Thunderbird to pick one of the sides.

I'm asking the OpenPGP community to work together and find a standard
that works for everyone.

Thanks and Regards,
Kai