PATCH Libgpg-error] yat2m: Parse @dots{} to show ellipsis in HTML mode.

Jacob Bachmeyer jcb62281 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:22:20 CET 2023

Ben Kibbey wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 10:30:33PM -0600, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
>
>> Ben Kibbey wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I wasn't sure if pushing this patch would be alright or not because of
>>> the UTF-8 character embedded in it and whether it is acceptable or not.
>>>
>> If you are writing HTML, why not output the … character entity
>> instead of writing non-ASCII inline?
>>

> Because the docs are generated from the same texinfo source; for manual
> pages and HTML and texinfo.

Huh?  Your patch as proposed contains an embedded UTF-8 ellipis,
presumably in a location such that it will only be used for
texinfo->HTML translation.  Why not replace that string constant with
"…" for the @dots{} command in HTML output?  Presumably plain
text output formats get the other "..." string which is three ASCII dots?

-- Jacob