libassuan duplicate symbol

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Sun Jul 7 03:44:39 CEST 2024

* Jeffrey Walton:

> Was everything built with `-stdlib=libc++`? libc++ is LLVM's standard
> C++ library. libstdc++ is GNU's standard C++ library. It sounds like
> both libraries are trying to provide the symbol.

I found neither string "libc++" nor "libstdc++" in the full build logs
[1]. That log shows all library builds up to and including libassuan
3.0.2. I use Xcode 15.4, which I should have mentioned right away:

  $ xcodebuild -version
  Xcode 15.4
  Build version 15F31d

The same build process succeeds with libassuan 2.5.7 and libgpg-error
1.49, by the way. Bumping these libraries to versions 3.0.2 and 1.50,
respectively, to satisfy the requirements of GnuPG 2.5.0, were the only
changes I made. That leads me to the hypothesis that modifications in
one or both of these libraries are causing problems. The libgpg-error
build works for 1.49 and 1.50, but as mentioned in a previous message I
had to incorporate a small patch.

One can find my complete build process on SourceForge [2].

  [1] https://seichter.de/tmp/build-1720202282.log
  [2] https://sourceforge.net/p/gpgosx/source/ci/v2.5.0/tree/

-Ralph