Possible bug in GPGME Python

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 17 16:42:28 CEST 2024

Hi meep,

Am Samstag 04 Mai 2024 15:55:40 schrieb meep via Gnupg-devel:
> In the interact(...) function of the Context class on line 1089 in
> core.py it is checked whether a key is actually passed in to the
> function:

> Thus I believe that the intended behavior in Python would be to mirror
> the C code and only check whether the key is None if INTERACT_CARD is
> not set.

thanks for reporting the inconsistency.
I've created https://dev.gnupg.org/T7162 so we can keep track of the request.

(What would be helpful to me personally would be a tiny test application
where the wrong behaviour can easily be seen.)

Regards,
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter